From GMAT to MBA – Cultivating the Right Thought Process.

If you’re an international prospective MBA student, you will find this blog quite valuable.

I graduated from Smeal College of Business, Penn State University in 2013. My journey to earn an MBA from a reputed MBA school in the US began in 2007. I had no clue where to start because I did not know anyone trying to pursue an MBA from a foreign destination. I was on my own.

However, I was quite determined to make it happen for myself. When I started my research, I encountered people, mainly consultants, who gave me advice – some gave me hope, and some terrified me with the fee structure & lodging expenses an MBA education from the US might entail. I had empty pockets, literally, and, to make my MBA dreams come true, I had to think creatively and differently.

It took me a couple of years, from 2007 (the year I graduated from Engineering College) to 2011, to find the right MBA School. I attribute my success to cultivating the right thought process while learning the nuances of MBA admissions for a prospective international student.

Penn State recognized my motivation and the need to pursue an MBA, and found me a good fit. Penn State has been quite instrumental in making my MBA and US dreams come true and in transforming me into the person I am today. I was not only offered admission to the program but also awarded the merit-based scholarship which meant so much to me at that time.

As a result of my personal success, I wanted to connect with a wider body of students to share my lessons learned, experience, and accomplishments, which could help fellow prospective students achieve their goals. It’s so easy to lose sight of your goals and give up when you do not have any guidance or a plan. Fortunately, I have had the opportunity to receive mentorship and people cheerleading me all the way to MBA admission success.

Within three years on the job after earning my MBA, I thought of setting some time aside to write the eBook from GMAT to MBA to provide insight into the process from the lens of an international student.

So what’s about the eBook? The book is written from a firsthand experience and not from theoretical or academic fluff.

It will SAVE YOU:

• Many hours from getting lost on your journey from GMAT to MBA – What’s Next?
  • Any misguidance from many novices in this area around you – Be Aware!
  • Spending $$$ on hiring consultants to do the job when it should be you doing for yourself – Why?

Take a glimpse inside the eBook:

• My wake up call for international student: Don’t let the competition crush you
  • What makes MBA admissions process in the US different: Nuances students are unaware of
  • Know what admissions officers are looking for: Why & How you should position yourself
  • Tackle the rigors of MBA admissions being away in your home country: Self-evaluate your profile
  • My experience on GMAT: Secret sauce to 740

You can get a copy of my eBook from GMAT to MBA from Amazon.com or the regional online Amazon store in your country. Please leave a review if you will on Amazon for my work. I would love to hear from you.

You can also connect with me via LinkedIn.

I wish you all the best with MBA admissions. See you on the other side.

*The expressed opinions, informational content and links displayed in this blog do not necessarily reflect a position or policy of The Pennsylvania State University, the Smeal College of Business, or its affiliates. No official endorsement by The Pennsylvania State University of the viewpoints expressed in this blog or product should be inferred.

Reply