State of the Real Estate Market

June 7th, 2011 - 22 Comments

On the blog of the Pennsylvania Association of Realtors, Smeal’s Austin Jaffe highlights a report from the Lincoln Institute of Land Policy that summarizes recent trends in the housing market. Jaffe pulls out five lessons from the report on the state of the housing market:

1. We are unlikely to see a repeat of the housing price boom and bust again anytime soon.

2. Changes in the mortgage finance industry helped brew the unanticipated collapse.

3. Housing starts, building permits, and the home building industry will take years to recover to reach their pre-bust levels.

4. Mortgage foreclosures may be slowing but there will be a surplus of foreclosed properties in many markets for some time to come.

5. Regulatory reform may help future housing markets (or it might not!) but the forces in the economy and demographics will provide important signals for future trends.

View Jaffe’s complete blog entry on PAR’s Just Listed blog for his complete analysis.

Tags: , , ,

This entry was posted on Tuesday, June 7th, 2011 at 10:51 am and is filed under News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

22 Responses to “State of the Real Estate Market”

1. Maid Service Cleaning…

[...]State of the Real Estate Market « Business Casual Blog[...]…

2. Hi, interesting post. I have been wondering about this topic, so thanks for posting. I’ll definitely be subscribing to your site. Keep up the good posts

3. Yes, and the commercial real estate markets are still experiencing both debt and cash flow problems due to this economy and the bubble that preceded the “burst”.

4. Konzerte Hamburg Tickets…

5. Glad to remain one of the visitors about this awful blog

6. Excellent post. Thanks for the share, been looking for a similar read.

7. [...] care jobs, Caregiver jobs, Health care careers, jobs in You should see this cool page… health care,Health care jobs Philadelphia Reply With Quote + Reply to Thread « Previous Thread | Next [...]

8. Home Care says:

The housing boom was the biggest bubble in economic history. The next bubble is being blown right now, globally. Soon enough the central bank bond bubble will burst and we will be worrying about a lot more than the value of our homes.

9. Sites we Like…

Every once in a while we choose blogs that we read Listed below are the latest sites that we choose…

10. The next few paragraphs the reality of the matter. Significantly understanding, as a minimum through us for any superb, i prefer to examine views of which uncovering valuable in characteristics.

11. Appreciate it for this howling post, I am glad I observed this internet website on yahoo.

12. We are a Health and Beauty Review Site and are always looking for good quality fresh, appropriate content for our site following. Thankyou for for permitting us to introduce ourselves at this site, we shall be back to see whats new.

13. Go green and buy a motorcycle or scooter on fyiMoto.com. There are thousands of motorcycles from Aprilia to Victory for sale at discount prices on fyiMoto.com. If you already have a motorcycle, you can get the most for it by selling your motorcycle on fyiMoto for free! That’s right, NADA! Visit fyiMoto.com today!

14. Samara Beck says:

Good day! Do you know if they make any plugins to assist with Search Engine Optimization? I’m trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I’m not seeing very good results. If you know of any please share. Thank you!

15. I do not have a bank account how can I spot the order?

16. JF Dao says:

What Results Can I Expect From Ejaculation Cream

17. What Results Can I Expect From Ejaculation Cream

18. JF Cisneros says:

Just found this very interesting page, will definitely return here and participate in discussing

19. I came across this internet website and I ought to say I’m absolutely overjoyed at what I’m seeing. I love how that you are able to actually feel such adore and such encouragement just on the website alone.

20. Nice post. I was checking continuously this blog and I’m impressed! Very useful information particularly the last part :) I care for such information much. I was seeking this particular information for a very long time. Thank you and best of luck.

21. npwp online says:

the housing industry is always become a profit purpose. is a good market.

22. Chung Zweig says:

Hello, i think that i noticed you visited my blog so i came to “return the want”.I am attempting to find issues to enhance my website!I suppose its ok to make use of some of your concepts!!