Smeal’s Liechty on Marketplace

May 20th, 2011 - 14 Comments

Public radio’s Marketplace last night reported on the federal Office of Financial Research, a new financial watchdog dreamed up by Smeal’s own John Liechty and put into place with that passage of the Dodd-Frank financial reform law. The Marketplace report, which tells the story of how Liechty came up with the idea for the oversight agency, is online here.

For more on the Office of Financial Research and Liechty’s role in its creation, check out this Smeal Report feature from late last year.

Tags: , , ,

This entry was posted on Friday, May 20th, 2011 at 9:12 am and is filed under News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

14 Responses to “Smeal’s Liechty on Marketplace”

1. Looks like the OFR is making great progress; with Dick Berner at the helm, hopefully it will become a useful and fully-functioning arm of the Treasury Department sooner rather than later.

2. cheap rooms says:

I was exactly thinking to compose an article about this. Thanks for the inspirational post.

3. Joe Knoerzer says:

Unquestionably believe that which you stated. Your favorite justification appeared to be on the internet the simplest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I certainly get irked while people think about worries that they just do not know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people could take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

4. I love this animal, very interesting article

5. beds sale says:

Hi would you mind letting me know which webhost you’re using? I’ve loaded your blog in 3 completely different web browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot faster then most. Can you recommend a good web hosting provider at a reasonable price? Thank you, I appreciate it!

6. magnificent publish, very informative. I wonder why the opposite specialists of this sector do not notice this. You must proceed your writing. I am sure, you’ve a great readers’ base already!

7. You can definitely see your skills within the paintings you write. The sector hopes for even more passionate writers like you who are not afraid to mention how they believe. All the time go after your heart.

8. We run a Natural Health and Beauty Website and seek good quality fresh, appropriate content for our readers. Many thanks for allowing us to leave a comment at this site, we shall be back to see whats new.

9. The Bachelor of Organization Administration is a degree in organization administration that offers information about the purposeful areas of a organization and other information with regards to administration. By accomplishing a BBA diploma selection making potential of a human being will be enhanced so they can take a rapid choices in business enterprise.

10. Many locksmiths or specialize in giving locksmith solutions 24 hrs. These normally are not locksmiths locks, but to lock-finding, lock restore, and the entry of other emergency expert services. If the worst occurs and anyone does enter your house, your initial call is the police, but not a bad plan to get in touch with 24 hour locksmith, both. They might be capable to inform particularly how the author came residence. In addition, locks might require to be replaced anyhow. Better yet, if you do not know how to defend your dwelling, you can listen to a unexpected emergency manhattan locksmith to test your tickets and give an truthful assessment of the basic safety of your household. Available locksmith and associates provide 24 hour locksmiths in New York remedies for commercial and personal qualities as perfectly as auto locksmith products and services such as emergency vehicle lockout, car or truck essential substitute for a missing automobile critical and a lot more.

11. Seymour says:

great factor you formed here – blogesaurus vso convertxtodvd key Smeal’s Liechty on Marketplace Business Casual Blog

12. some genuinely choice content on this internet internet site , saved to my bookmarks .

13. Thank you for the news!

14. I’m curious to find out what blog platform you are using? I’m experiencing some minor security problems with my latest website and I’d like to find something more risk-free. Do you have any solutions?