Archive for June 16th, 2009
Tuesday, June 16th, 2009
Smeal’s Al Vicere has written a new white paper that features insights from nine business leaders on management during the recession. Vicere interviewed the participants over the past several months to see how they are leading their organizations through this lean economy. He gleaned five points of advice from his conversations:
- Look Out: Focus intently on developments external to your organization—social trends, economic shifts, technological innovations, etc.—and consider them when making critical business decisions.
- Look Around: Be aware of your competitors’ reactions to these trends.
- Look in the Mirror: Take an active and personal approach to leadership in order to inspire, energize, and deploy your leadership teams.
- Look to Your Team: Build and rebuild your leadership teams by finding the right people and getting those people in the right places.
- Call for Action: Frame new targets, new goals, and new levels of achievement to define your organization’s future.
For more thoughts, insight, and advice from business leaders including, Christina Gold, CEO of Western Union, and Ed Stack, chairman and CEO of Dick’s Sporting Goods, download Vicere’s paper, “Surviving the Terrible Two(thousand)s: A Participant’s Guide.”